Donor Bill of Rights: Our Commitment to Lynn University Donors
At Lynn University, philanthropy is a tradition of giving to the university in support of its mission and for its general fiscal strength. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of our community, our donors and prospective donors, Lynn University’s Office of Development and Alumni Affairs is committed to the following standards:
- Constituents are informed of Lynn University’s mission, vision and strategic plan including the university’s fundraising priorities.
- Constituents are informed of the identity of those serving on the university’s board of trustees.
- Philanthropic files and personal information records are kept confidential.
- Gifts are used for the purposes designated by the donor.
- Prompt acknowledgement and appropriate recognition is provided by the university.
- Individuals representing Lynn University are professionals.
- “Anonymous” donors and gifts are appreciated and directives are followed and respected.
- The university and its development office follow the “best practices” guidelines and procedures as provided by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- The university and development office will release its mailing list only to businesses which are conducting services on behalf of the university.
- All legal procedures are respected (IRS, State of Florida and Federal).